UHCL’s Continuing Education announces fall lineup
Now in its second year, University of Houston-Clear Lake’s Continuing Education and Friday Morning Continuing Education programs offer a variety of non-credit classes, courses and workshops to foster lifelong learning, sharpen your skills and enrich your life.
The Continuing Education fall calendar of events includes:
- Aug. 28: Foreign Language and English enhancement August sessions begins. Learn conversational French, German, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, or work on enhancing your English-speaking skills.
- Aug. 31: Special Wine and Cheese reception and concert for registered attendees to celebrate the beginning of Friday Morning Continuing Education’s second year. Enjoy a visit with some of Friday Morning Continuing Education’s scheduled speakers, to be followed by the Bayou Theater’s opening concert of the season: “Bach and Piazzolla” presented by a UHCL fan favorite, Mercury: The Orchestra Redefined. The combined cost of the two events is $26. Contact program director Christine Paul at 281-283-3033 or email@example.com for more information.
- Sept. 8: Friday Morning debuts its first beginner’s yoga class, taught by Assistant Professor of School Psychology and certified yoga instructor Julia Englund Strait, in keeping with its goal of adding courses to help participants focus on health and wellness. Learn breathing techniques, mindful movement and meditation to bring more peace and balance to your life. Bring your yoga mat.
- Oct. 16: Foreign Language and English enhancement October session begins.
Friday Morning Continuing Education 2017 fall series
- Sept. 29, 9 a.m.: “Amazing Diversity of Amazon Birds,” with Cindy Howard;
11 a.m.: “Femmes Fatales 1: Evil Sisters,” with Samuel Gladden.
- Oct. 6, 9 a.m.: “Femmes Fatales 2: Salome,” with Samuel Gladden;
11 a.m.: “Focus on Islam,” with Maria Curtis.
- Oct. 13, 9 a.m.: “Let’s learn to play the Irish Tin Whistle!” with Jeff Bowen;
11 a.m.: “Focus on Buddhism,” with Linda Giordano.
- Oct. 20, 9 a.m.: “Focus on Baha’i and Zoroastrianism,” with Mike McMullen;
11 a.m.: “Robots are Coming! Get Ready!” with Tom Harmon.
- Oct. 27, 9 a.m.: “Values 101: Truth, Civility, and Community,” with Keith Parsons;
11 a.m.: “Feminism is for Everybody!” with Angie Harmon.
- Nov. 3, 9 a.m.: “Women Philosophers of Ancient Greece,” with Christina Cedillo;
11 a.m.: “Antarctica: The End of the World!” with Nadine Bartsch.
Find what interests you. To register for classes or learn more about scheduled Continuing Education events, visit www.uhcl.edu/academics/extended.
Also published on Medium.