UHCL The Signal
Student Publications Office
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Box 456
Houston, TX 77058
MESSAGE FROM UHCL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: Hurricane season is coming to a close
FROM UHCL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT:
With the end of the 2017 Hurricane Season coming to a close, it is time to look back and learn from what we experienced during this past season. One of the most common questions I get is “Why do you send the same message to all my devices”. There are several answers to this question and following is a quick break down as to how the Everbridge Mass Notification System works.
- When the University sends out a message it is important that everyone gets the message in a timely manner.
- The system sends out over 9000 messages at one time. It will send you a text message first. When you receive the message you will find a response request at the end of the message. By responding the system will stop sending you that message.
- If you do not respond that you received the message then the system will move on to the next method to notify you. This can be cell phone, home phone, and/or email. The system will continue to send to these devices until you respond that you have received the message.
There are a couple of problems,
- Everbridge will not send to an international phone number. We ask anyone with an international phone number to go to the UHCL Police Department webpage and sign up for their twitter feed. This twitter feed does not require you to have an account and it receives all of the emergency messages sent from the University by way of the Everbridge System.
- The system is only as good as the information put into it. During Hurricane Harvey it was discovered that many employees had their work phones listed as their contact number. To receive the messages in a timely manner you must have a cell or home phone listed as your contact method. We may be messaging you that UHCL is closed.
You may update your contact information at any time by logging into your PASS account, click “My Personal Info”, click “Contact Details” and verify that the information you have listed is correct.
Hope this was beneficial and everyone has a Great Holiday Season. If you have any other questions please email [email protected] and we will do our best at addressing your concerns.