Shannon Nevol, from the Office of Academic Records, is starting a “Support Our Troops Drive.” She will be sending things over to a friend, Sergeant Wayne Hosler, and his platoon in Iraq. The PX store where the platoon is currently buying personal items will be closing soon.
For those wanting to make monetary donations, the cost is $12.95 to mail large flat rate boxes. Shannon will be collecting items through April 4. The items can be brought to her office, SSCB 1109 in the Records Office, or dropped off in the Student Assistance Center.
If anyone wants to write a letter of support to send to the platoon, Shannon will also include those in the boxes. Below is a list of items that members of the platoon will want or need.
Food Items 1. Canned tuna (oil or water)
3. Drink mixes - any flavor (Kool-Aid, tea, Crystal Light, or Country Time)
4. Hard candy
5. Mini chocolate candy (Snickers, Milky Ways, etc.). Even if these do melt, the candy is individually wrapped and can be placed in a refrigerator for rehardening
6. Peanuts or mixed nuts
7. Trail mixes
11. Crackers (Wheat Thins, Ritz, saltine)
Recreational Items 1. Decks of cards or different card games (Uno, etc.)
3. Small handheld games
4. Magazines for men and women
5. Box of greeting cards or stationary sets
6. Puzzle books
7. Small board games