UHCL The Signal
The official student newspaper of the University of Houston-Clear Lake

Editors’ Picks: Editors pick the real Sexiest Man Alive

0 187

People Magazine named Blake Shelton the 2017’s Sexiest Man Alive and the world is in an uproar. ABCNews says that this is a long thought out process that includes multiple discussions and focus groups. There is no specific criteria, but it includes notability, flirtatiousness, likability and finally, sexiness. Here’s The Signal’s pick of sexiest man alive, because apparently, we can just name random celebrities we think are hot.

Charlie Hunnam

British actor Charlie Hunnam. Photo courtesy of GQ Australia.

“Everyone knows Hunnam for his portrayal of Jax Teller in “Sons of Anarchy,” but did you see King Arthur? Did you see his abs and hear his accent? He is tall, blonde and has piercing baby blue eyes that stare directly into your soul and a Heath Ledger-like smile. He just gets more attractive with age. If he isn’t the epitome of sexiest man alive, then I don’t know who is judging this contest.”

Liz Davis, editor-in-chief

Luis Fonsi

Puerto Rican singer and songwriter Luis Fonsi. Photo courtesy of Billboard.com.

“I picked Luis Fonsi because he represents exactly what People Magazine should be looking for. He’s obviously sexy with a hint of mystery. Not to mention 2017 has been his breakout year by going beyond the Latin music market. On top of that, Fonsi just released a new song and music video with Demi Lovato – “Échame La Culpa.” It’s time People’s Sexiest Man Alive had its first Latino on the cover!”

Brandon Peña, managing editor

Sam Heughan

Scottish actor Sam Heughan. Photo courtesy of Pinterest.

“For his portrayal of Jaime Fraser in Showtime’s “Outlander” is the obvious main reason, but I also love his humble nature despite his squealing fanbase and his devotion to charitable causes like Bloodwise, Youth Theatre Arts Scotland (YTAS) and My Peak Challenge. His accent doesn’t hurt his appeal either.”

Alyssa Shotwell, online editor

*EDITOR’S NOTE: I second the Sam Heughan pick.

Also published on Medium.

Website Malware Scan