- PODCAST: Astros World Series win, Hollywood sexual abuse scandal and #MeToo campaign
- UHCL public Wi-Fi lags in efficiency
- GALLERY: A magical display of festive entertainment illuminates La Marque, TX
- A visual feast of art and fashion at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- What to expect when you’re adopting . . . a dog
- UHCL Art Gallery showcases local college talent
- Sarah Costello wins UHCL’s nomination for Piper Award
- VIDEO: Global Expo showcases students’ diversity on campus
- REVIEW: ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ is too smooth of a ride
- VIDEO: UHCL alumnae Kate Gaddis starts original video series ‘Finding Them’
The Signal welcomes and encourages UHCL students, faculty and staff to submit contributions to the website. Contributions will be posted as they are submitted and will not be edited prior to publication.
The editor has the right to refuse publications. Contributions will not be accepted if they are deemed libelous, unlawful, slanderous, deceitful, harassing, obscene, pornographic, threatening, or posts that are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
Please submit all contributions to email@example.com (you can also use the submission form located in the sidebar to the right). Include your major or job title at the university with your submission. Please include a headline for your submission.
Writing Contribution Guidelines
Features, news, opinions, blogs, literary arts and more
Contributions should be written for an academic audience and contain minimal grammatical errors. Please include a headline. Submissions should be from 500 to 1,000 words. Do not exceed 1,000 words. Files should be submitted in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
Visual Contribution Guidelines
Videos, graphics, music, cartoons and more
Videos: Videos should be uploaded to YouTube. Please email the editor the link to the video. Include a short description and a headline for the submission.
Graphics: The Signal accepts graphics, including interactive graphics and infographics. The dimensions should be a minimum of 800 x 600 pixels. Images can be larger than this. Please submit in .png, .jpg or .gif format. The editor will resize as needed. Include a short description and a headline.
Music/Audio: The Signal accepts music, audio clips, podcasts and other audio contributions. Audio should be uploaded to YouTube or SoundCloud. Email the editor the link of the submission. Include a short description and a headline.
Cartoons: The Signal accepts hand-drawn cartoons as well as digitally created cartoons. The minimum size is 800 x 600 pixels. Images can be larger, the editor will resize as needed. Files should be submitted in .png, .jpg or .gif format. Include a short description of the cartoon and a headline.
Submit a Contribution
All UHCL students, faculty and staff my submit contributions to The Signal.
Contributions can be submitted by emailing The Signal editors at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the form below.